With the start of a fresh new year, there’s never been a better time to review your business broadband needs. The bustling business community needs reliable connections, and with Faster Britain, UK companies have a golden opportunity to reassess whether their broadband is doing their business justice.
Is your broadband cutting it?
Did you know that the average business broadband is just 73.21Mbps? In a continually advancing world, this standard falls far below what small to medium-sized businesses need to advance. With the growth of cloud computing and the need for greater cyber security and artificial intelligence in business, companies need a broadband solution that provides robust, fast upload and download speeds to ensure these innovative systems can transfer data between data centres and devices at light speeds – only made possible with full fibre.
If you’re wondering whether it’s time to re-think your business connectivity package, here are some of the common signs it’s time to make the switch:
- Patchy connectivity: Whether it’s between multi-site businesses or even in and around your office, having patchy connectivity is a tell-tale sign that you need to rethink your broadband package. If your speeds can’t hold up between sites, or you’re getting superfast speeds in one office and a snail’s pace in another, then you should make a new broadband solution part of your New Year’s resolution.
- Drop-offs during video conferencing: While remote working has unlocked a world of opportunity, seamless video calls with high-quality pictures and sound use up bandwidth. If your bandwidth is already taken up by your colleagues’ day-to-day transfers, chances are you’ll be hearing “you’ve frozen” regularly.
- Slow adoption of bandwidth-hungry technology: If your business is struggling to adopt the revolutionary technology that separates you from the competition, it might be down to your broadband. AI alone is expected to contribute 14% to the global GDP by 2030, but language models like OpenAI need a fast connection to trawl the internet for data and feed this back to your device. Without a fast connection, your business risks being left behind the curve.
- Slow file transfer speeds: Sending large files, such as high-resolution images and video, between users and finding it’s taking too long? This is a clear sign you’re not getting the speeds you might be paying for…
- Sluggish connections at peak times: With lower bandwidths and copper connections comes congestion at peak times. Simply put, the more users on your network, the slower your speeds. With a modern, resilient, ultrafast full fibre connection, your business won’t fall victim to the 9 am rush.
What do speeds from Faster Britain offer UK businesses?
With connectivity packages designed to take UK companies into the future, Faster Britain does a lot more than just speed things up. With up to 1Gbps on FibreLight, and 10Gbps on FibreBright connections, Faster Britain unlocks:
- Accelerated growth with the bandwidth to support increased data transfer demands.
- A chance to embrace future technology opportunities from the IoT.
- The toolkit to unravel operational bottlenecks from dropped connections.
- A security blanket with more resilient fibre in an era defined by cyber security breaches.
- Cost efficiency through broadband packages that grow with you, so you’re never paying for more than you need.
- Reduced downtime with backup and resiliency add-ons for an ‘always on’ business modelTop of Form
Four in five UK companies struggle to implement digital transformation strategies because of poor connectivity, so don’t become one of them.Faster Britain is offering the business community the tools to navigate the fibre revolution with confidence.
With a team of over 500+ specialist and strategic partnerships, we can connect to any business in the UK. For more information or to find out whether you’re ready to start the new year with a faster connection, get in touch with us here today.